The return of Friday night training
24 June 2020
Dear parents and young players
After a fantastic response to our recent emails, last week the U11, U13 and U15s all returned and had a safe and enjoyable evening. This week we are asked if our year 3 and 4 young players would be interested in return to take part in Kwik Cricket sessions at the club and had a great response.
We plan to start coaching sessions from this Friday 26th June, unfortunately if it is raining we will not be able to hold the coaching sessions due to the lack of sheltered space and the social distancing requirements.
Please review the instructions below for sessions and review the ECB Coaching and Covid documents.
This will help us to ensure we can create an enjoyable and safe environment for the coaches, young players and parents.
In order to avoid clashing with later groups we are proposing the following:
Children arrive at 5.30pm and to be collected at 6.30pm - coaches; Jenny Allen, Ian Phillips, Liam Richards, Ollie Dimbylow, Jamie Barton and Sam Forrest
Sessions will be 60 minutes, 1 coach to 5 players, with 10 minutes for signing in and setup and 10 minutes for closing the session and signing out. Initially we will aim to ensure each group of 5 players will get 40 minutes of playing time and as the restrictions ease we may add in some coaching time rotating between 2 to 4 coaching stations each week.
Please follow the instructions below:
1) Go to the toilet and wash your hands when you leave home / school and before you arrive at Mill Lane.
2) Please arrive in your playing kit with sunscreen, hat and cricket kit. Please also bring your own water/drinks, hand sanitiser, playing equipment and marked ball if possible, if you haven’t got any of the expected equipment, the club will loan you equipment for the duration of the season, please discuss your needs during registration with the appropriate coach. In general most activity will be played with a soft cricket ball.
3) Register at the sign in desk keeping 2 metres apart as you queue, and please remember to sign out at the end of each session.
4) Groups of 5 players will be allocated to a coach and a game zone they will remain in that group for the duration of the session.
5) Place your kit bag in the allocated station safe area (not piled up in front of the Pavilion) and listen to the instructions as you move between stations.
The Pavilion is effectively closed and will only be used for First Aid and toilets on a monitored one in / one out basis with 2m social distancing to be observed, it would be best if toilet use could be kept to a minimum.
Parents are very welcome to stay, watch or help apply the guidelines stated should they wish, observing the social distancing guidelines as much as possible. Sadly current legislation does not allow us to open the bar but we hope in future weeks to be able to open the bar and serve drinks through the kitchen hatch "open air style", in the meantime feel free to bring your own refreshments to the ground.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the club, as you can imagine we have a steep learning curve ahead of us and would be grateful for your help, comments or observations as we try to bring some form of normality to our Summer Friday evenings.
See you all Friday.